SEO takes effort. It takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight. If you feel like you’re late to the SEO party you might be worried that your competitors have had too much of a head start. But even though it’s not always easy to succeed with SEO fast you can hit the ground running. Here are some ways to help you do that:
- Research. Research goes a long way in choosing keywords and in determining the best SEO approach. You’ll want to research your industry, your customers wants, and of course…your competition, too.
- Optimise every page of your site. Don’t just spend all your efforts on the home page. Each and every webpage has the potential to draw in traffic so remember that when doing your design layout and when doing your search engine optimisation.
- Build links to your site. When other sites point to your site, this tells Google that there is something to see. This can help you get indexed faster. When you get your site created, consider creating a press release and having it syndicated, building links on social media sites like Twitter and Google Plus, and so on.
- Don’t forget about mobile SEO. Make sure your site is mobile friendly so it’s highly usable on mobile phones. Chances are that many of your competitors don’t have a great mobile friendly site and this can give you an advantage.
- Create regular content. Every new piece of content you create sets off a chain reaction that (if executed properly) can result in traffic. Don’t just create a new site and wait for traffic to come. Continually add new content. A blog is a great way to do this. Every blog post should be optimised for search engines as well.
- Opt for great user experience. If your SEO efforts also include user experience efforts, you’ll have a better chance of succeeding. Why? As Google and other search engines see that your new site is getting noticed, special attention will be paid to what happens when someone is directed to your site. An instant bounce without a click deeper will indicate that the person didn’t find what they wanted. A click deeper tells search engines that they rightly sent someone to you and that will result in increased traffic.
Need help hitting the ground running with your SEO? Adelaide SEO specialists at Marketease can help you in many ways. Talk to us for a free consultation.